ICFP Announces Media Relations and Engagement Support RFP
Bill & Melinda Gates Institute for Population & Reproductive Health (Gates Institute) is seeking a media relations consultant or small team to design, implement, and measure media engagement efforts for the 6th International Conference on Family Planning (ICFP) taking place in Pattaya City, Thailand from 1-4 February 2021.
The ideal candidate will bring a mixture of strong media engagement experience, deep understanding of family planning and reproductive health topics, and an innovative and forward-thinking spirit.
RFP released: February 19, 2020
RFP Due: March 4, 2020
Selection Announced: March 11, 2020
Work Begins: ASAP
- We will consider individual and small team applicants.
- The contract will require scaling up a team for onsite support. (Please indicate this in your proposal narrative and budget)
Please provide the following:
- Overview & approach: Please provide your recommended approach this project and any other information that helps demonstrate your skills and abilities.
- Budget: Please provide a detailed budget on level of effort for the activities listed above. A daily rate is preferred.
- Overview of relevant experience: A few examples of relevant work experience
- References: Please provide three references with contact information.
- A strong understanding of family planning and reproductive health topics and sector players
- Excellent writing and messaging skills
- Experience with designing, managing and implementing a complex media relations program, especially within an international conference context
- Deep experience in engaging global, regional and local media outlets, especially global south outlets
- A solid understanding of social, digital, and traditional media approaches
- Ability to work onsite in Pattaya City, Thailand from the end of January until February 6
Start date: We would like to begin ASAP – we envision the level of effort for this position increasing as we move towards February 2021.